The HistadrutTUFI was established to strengthen the links between the Histadrut (the Israeli TUC), the Palestinian General Federation of Trade Unions (PGFTU) and the British Trade Union Movement.
TUFI aims to:
- build support for the Middle East peace process in the UK labour movement;
- promote efforts towards finding a just and lasting peace settlement for both Israelis and Palestinians;
- initiate dialogue by taking British delegations to meet with both Israeli and Palestinian trade unionists;
- build support for the Peace Process in the UK by providing meetings and briefings for British Trade Unionists.
- engage trade unionists on a variety of issues beyond the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and aim to provide practical assistance that helps Israeli
and Palestinian workers.
TUFI's activities aim to build on understanding of:
- The ongoing Middle East Peace Process
- The strong democratic trade union movement in Israel
- The crucial need for Israeli-Palestinian economic ties for workers on both sides
- The wider region, including the Arab Peace Initiative
- The PGFTU/Histadrut agreement and work that the Histadrut does for Palestinian workers
- The negative impact that a boycott would have on Israeli and Palestinian workers.
Please call us on +44 0207 2224323 +44 0207 2224323 or use our contact form.